Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Reflection Week and Visit Nong Khai

"Get to Know Indonesia" Activity (part 2)

When you nationalism been tested.. anyway, amazed by how stranger appreciates Indonesia so much.

My second day on Reflection week. like yesterday, I continued introducing Indonesia to my students. I began the class by showing them my costumes like yesterday and showed my students my presentation about Indonesia such as, the Flag, Greetings in Indonesia, National Anthem, Indonesian Currency, and most famous tour attractions in Indonesia. I also let them know the regions including showed them the place I lived in, West Java. I even dance a bit Jaipong Dance.As expected, the students were hilarious when they saw me dance since I got so silly when I swirled and shake my body unreasonably. Lol.


Since today's theme was culture exchange, so, Kruu Noina also explained little bit about Thai Culture such as the dance and the traditional Thai Costume.


We eventually took the picture with all of students and our Headmasters to capture one of our last moment together. I never thought that this activity would live up the good mood for the students. they looked so exciting every time I let them know every single thing about Indonesia. They even drew some of Indonesia tour attraction such as Bromo and Borobudur Temple and showed it to me. I was beyond proud of them.






I asked my mentor her permission to let me go back home at 12 p.m because I got an appointment with my fellow Indo friends to travel to Nong Khai with our beloved Thai friends, Eve. She was helped us to rent a Mini Bus and arrange our travel schedule while we in Nong Khai. She is such a cheerful and supportive friend that I met at school. We became friends quickly because she was so friendly toward us even though she was not part of our Buddies. We shopped at Nong Khai market, and ate our late lunch at Halal Restaurant which Eve been looking for. The foods were so delicious and we could ate it with an ease because we know it already Halal. The most exciting part was, the chef and owner could speak Indonesia since he was an Arabic guy who ever lived in Malaysia. So he could speak Melayu and it was close to Indonesian Language.


We finally reached the Nong Khai most attractive place, yes. the Nong Khai bridge (Thai-Lao Friendship Bridge). although we couldn't pass Laos as planned before, but we could see Laos from our point of view because Laos were right in front of us. We took a lot of pictures together and witnessed sun sets together. such a precious moment. Thanks to Eve for showing us the beautiful Nong Khai.




Today probably was the most hectic day in my entire day at Udon Thani because I did a lot of things in only one day. But, I would never regret it. Never.

No comments:

Post a Comment