Thursday, February 2, 2017

Teaching Day 4

Teaching at Demonstration School Udon Thani Rajabhat University

Anuban Sam, Age 5-6 years old.

D-1 to final day of teaching. 

I rushed to school since today was the day I need to prepared everything for cooking. and as I knew, I don't know where can I get the kitchen tools for cooking today. although we would not really "cooking" , we only make smoothies, but I need to prepare the tools such a blender, glass, spoon, knife and so on. so I went to school earlier.

Thank Goodness, everything was already prepared by Kruu Noina. She indeed is my very best support system. Lol
Firstly, I explained to the students about the rules. secondly, I explained them the ingredients of smoothies we would make and the procedures.  lastly, I let them join me making smoothies together.
they were exciting, happy and I was proud of them because they finally can understand me completely. they can mention the fruit I am asking them in English. no more "alaina?". when I asked them to pick watermelon, they picked watermelon, or apple, they picked apple quickly.
The students experienced new things today. they had to cut the fruits into the pieces by themselves, peel the fruit and use blender to make smoothies. that was the goals on my lesson plan.
the cooking section end when I distributed the smoothies to each of students and we drink together. we were so happy and delighted by our smoothies. all students thank me eventually.
I felt so moved by their deeds. I thank them to for their "cooperation"



today was my evaluation day, so Achaan Mew (my advisor) came to class to visit me to evaluate my performance while I'm teaching. 
I was so nervous. I was afraid that I messed up when I'm teaching. Actually, I couldn't focus when I'm teaching while my advisor watched me, I felt that today wasn't my best performance. Fortunately, Achaan Mew encourage me with her advice and gave me tons of support, she said that I didn't have to worry about the evaluation and just be confident. after listening to her advice, I gained confidence and continue my works.

I was so relieved that today went well. I don't care about my evaluation result, all I care was the students were impressed by the cooking activity I made. they really grew up fast and smart!

No comments:

Post a Comment