Thursday, January 19, 2017

Observe Day 2

Observation Day 2 at Demonstration School Udon Thani Rajabhat University

at Anuban 3, Age 6 years old.

Thursday, January 19th was my second day I went to school to observe. I had a day off from school yesterday because that day we celebrated anniversary of Udon Thani.
Today, I started to getting used to the schools' circumstances without any help from my buddy. I was completely by myself at school. first thing I did when I arrived at school was put my bag and belonging on my desk, and then I greeted the students in front of the schools' gate. What I learned about that activity was about giving respect in Thailand was quite various. there were some point when I made mistake such as, I bowed to younger students, which is wrong, and the I bowed only 45 degrees to the headmaster which I supposedly bow 90 degrees and put my right feet in the back.
After the bell ringing, there were the Flag ceremony. Then, I figured it out that Flag Ceremony in Thailand School was held everyday. in Indonesia, it happen only Monday.
the funny thing was, the Flag Raiser was the student who's only 2-6 years old baby. Lol.



Today, I observed the schools' program. one of the them is Sports Day which will be hold on this Friday. Sports Day take place every year on the winter season like this month. All students join various of sports competition such as football game, running game, marching band, cheerleading and so on. This program is one of the "a must list" program in this school. or probably in every school in Thailand. According to the teacher says, this program help the students to improve the motoric skills also  help students to get healthy body and build their competitiveness mindset.


after finished all the excercise activity as preparation of the competition, I went to the class with students from Anuban Sam (kindergarten 3) to start the learning activity.
I was surprised that my mentor gave me a task to read the story to students. I had no choice, so I read them the story about six robots. Thank Goodness, the book was in english. so the main problem for me was "how to make the students interested on me while I told them the story in english?" eventually, I made them paid attention on me since I put some gestures while telling them the story.

Even though today was really unexpected because I didn't prepare to do storytelling on my Observation week, but that was good opportunity for me to get closer to the students, so I can approach them step by step,
In the end, I could manage to handle all the task I should do. Thank God. 

Oh! I almost forgot. today, all teachers at school gave me surprise birthday party in my office. such a precious moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment