Monday, January 30, 2017

Teaching Day 1

Teaching at Demonstration School Udon Thani Rajabhat University

Anuban Sam, Age 5-6 years old.

first time teaching by myself was..challenging 

I went to school around 7.30 in the morning. As I arrived at school I went straight to classroom to prepare everything I need for Learning Activity I planned on my lesson plan. The theme for this week is Fruits. I decided to use "real" fruits as a media and other media such as pop up book, and flash card. 
We started a lesson at 9.30. Students were excited to begin the class. They sat down neatly as I explained them some of the material. I taught them about various of Fruits in English, of course.  

We actually sang together before we start the learning activity. the song we sang was about fruit, Fruits Song, the tittle. and after we finished dancing and singing, I tried myself to explain the rules of the activity we are about to do. although they seemed not really understand, but I did explained them using my gesture most of the time, so I assumed they understood.


As I finished explaining the theme, according to my lesson plan, I asked the students to join me to play "spellathon game". The game was about collecting a letter to make some words by running towards the basket full of letters after the "caller" tell a word. so I decided to become a caller since the students could not really play by themselves because they can't spell the word correctly enough.


I was so proud of my students, they played the game so well and we were having so much fun. They learned how to spell "banana, apple, strawberry" very well.

when the game came to an end, the students cleaned the classroom and sat down neatly. they were ready to listen to my explanation about the theme. Actually, the situation quite "chaotic" when we play the game. so some students who not really active couldn't participate a lot on the game because, they were confused and refused to play together. to handle that, I accompanied them to play together.

we end our learning activity with painting. students drew and wrote the fruits and it names on a paper and showed it or presented it in front of the class.

finally, my-first time teaching by myself-day finished. Mission accomplished. I hope tomorrow will be better. but for now, I'm so thankful because I didn't messed it up. Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment