Sunday, January 15, 2017

On My Way to Thailand

First Time on Heavy and Long Trip

2.30 a.m 

That was dark outside my window car, all I can see is few of cars and one or two motorcycles passed by so fast. Me and all my friends who -luckily-got a chance to participate the SEA Teacher Project 3rd Batch 2017 were very delighted to be in Thailand soon. We shared our thought about how exciting it would be in Thailand and experience a lot of new things that will hold us on our way to Airport in Cengkareng. We fell asleep after a long talk. Then we arrived at Airport around 4.45 in the morning. 

9.45 p.m

We finally on board after waiting for hours at Airport and did so much thing together while we waiting the gate open. Of course, we took A LOT of selfies and met A LOT of good friends who wanted to say goodbye to us. In my case, since my parents were miles away from Airport and could not farewell me at Airport, so my sister and closest friend -who apparently lived in Jakarta- came to see me at Airport. They gave me goodbye (slash early birthday) present which I mostly needed. Yeah, the neck pillow. They both gave me neck pillow. So I got 2 neck pillows that I should wear on my flight to Bangkok and fligt to Udon Thani. such a waste, lol.
To be honest, that was my first time trip by plane. and I felt nervous, I got butterflies on my stomach, unconscious to the point I felt lost myself. that was a bit exaggerating, tho. but that's true. my friends calmed me down tons of times since I panic when the plane had take off . But we landed safely in Bangkok right at 14.20 as planned. 




 19.50 p.m

Since Bangkok and Udon Thani -place I assigned to work to- was far away, I should take another flight to reach that place. It took 1 hour flight from Bangkok to Udon Thani which we took by Domestic flight and 7-8 hours by bus. so I and Sofia - colleague from same University who would work in Udon Thani- decided to take another flight rather than bus because that would be so much effective for us to reach Udon Thani. to take another flight, we waited for hours because the flight to Udon Thani we got was at 20.00 p.m. we charged our phone as we waited in front of the gate and met the same student from Indonesia who would go to the same place with us, and her name was Isyfan from Solo. She seemed very tired and confused like us as we were not really comfortable with our circumstances. the people, the food and even the restroom that different with Indonesia made us questioning ourselves. lol. Time flew by, and we board at 19.50 p.m and arrived an hour later in Udon Thani. I felt very moved when we arrived at Udon Thani. We were welcomed by our new Thai Friends. They fetched us at Airport at 21.00 which was already late at night and prepare the flower -which I forgot the name- as a welcome present. This kind of new experience i will never forget forever. 



22.00 p.m

I finally met all of Indonesian Students who will work together in Udon Thani at our dorm. The Dorm was prepared very well by University and that made us very comfortable. there were 2 beds each dorm, 1 clean bathroom, 3 functional desks and 1 pair of closet. the view of our dorm was quite good. it straight to the teachers dorm and little bit space of Park. 


This day was very tiring yet full of surprises and beautiful things at the same time.
I felt so lucky to have this amazing experience that I can cherish for a lifetime.
Thank God, for everything You gave me today, tomorrow and forever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment